Small elemental, neutral evil
- Armor Class 10
- Hit Points 21 (6d6)
- Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft.
- Damage Immunities Fire, Poison
- Condition Immunities Poisoned
- Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 10
- Languages Aquan, Ignan
- Challenge 1/4 (50 XP)
- Death Burst. When the mephit dies, it explodes in a cloud of steam. Each creature within 5 ft. of the mephit must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw or take 4 (1d8) fire damage.
- Innate Spellcasting (1/Day). The mephit can innately cast blur, requiring no material components. Its innate spellcasting ability is Charisma.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +2 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: (1d4) slashing damage plus (1d4)fire damage.
- Steam Breath (Recharge 6). The mephit exhales a 15-foot cone of scalding steam. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw, taking 4 (1d8) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Variant: Summon Mephits (1/Day). The mephit has a 25 percent chance of summoning 1d4 mephits of its kind. A summoned mephit appears in an unoccupied space within 60 feet of its summoner, acts as an ally of its summoner, and can’t summon other mephits. It remains for 1 minute, until it or its summoner dies, or until its summoner dismisses it as an action.