Small elemental, neutral evil
- Armor Class 11
- Hit Points 21 (6d6)
- Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft.
- Skills Perception +2, Stealth +3
- Vulnerabilities Bludgeoning, Fire
- Damage Immunities Cold, Poison
- Condition Immunities Poisoned
- Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 12
- Languages Aquan, Auran
- Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
- Death Burst. When the mephit dies, it explodes in a burst of jagged ice. Each creature within 5 ft. of it must make a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw, taking 4 (1d8) slashing damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- False Appearance. While the mephit remains motionless, it is indistinguishable from an ordinary shard of ice.
- Innate Spellcasting (1/Day). The mephit can innately cast fog cloud, requiring no material components. Its innate spellcasting ability is Charisma.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: (1d4 + 1) slashing damage plus (1d4)cold damage.
- Frost Breath (Recharge 6). The mephit exhales a 15-foot cone of cold air. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw, taking 5 (2d4) cold damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Variant: Summon Mephits (1/Day). The mephit has a 25 percent chance of summoning 1d4 mephits of its kind. A summoned mephit appears in an unoccupied space within 60 feet of its summoner, acts as an ally of its summoner, and can’t summon other mephits. It remains for 1 minute, until it or its summoner dies, or until its summoner dismisses it as an action.