Large beast, unaligned
- Armor Class 11
- Hit Points 52 (8d10+8)
- Speed 10 ft., swim 60 ft.
- Skills Perception +4, Stealth +5
- Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 14
- Challenge 1 (200 XP)
- Hold Breath. While out of water, the octopus can hold its breath for 1 hour.
- Underwater Camouflage. The octopus has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made while underwater.
- Water Breathing. The octopus can breathe only underwater.
- Tentacles. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 3) bludgeoning damage. If the target is a creature, it is grappled (escape DC 16). Until this grapple ends, the target is restrained, and the octopus can’t use its tentacles on another target
- Ink Cloud (Recharges after a Short or Long Rest). A 20-foot-radius cloud of ink extends all around the octopus if it is underwater. The area is heavily obscured for 1 minute, although a significant current can disperse the ink. After releasing the ink, the octopus can use the Dash action as a bonus action.