Small elemental, neutral evil
- Armor Class 12
- Hit Points 17 (5d6)
- Speed 30 ft., fly 30 ft.
- Skills Perception +2, Stealth +4
- Vulnerabilities Fire
- Damage Immunities Poison
- Condition Immunities Poisoned
- Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 12
- Languages Auran, Terran
- Challenge 1/2 (100 XP)
- Death Burst. When the mephit dies, it explodes in a burst of dust. Each creature within 5 ft. of it must then succeed on a DC 10 Constitution saving throw or be blinded for 1 minute. A blinded creature can repeat the saving throw on each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Innate Spellcasting (1/Day). The mephit can innately cast sleep, requiring no material components. Its innate spellcasting ability is Charisma.
- Claws. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: (1d4 + 2) slashing damage.
- Blinding Breath (Recharge 6). The mephit exhales a 15-foot cone of blinding dust. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 10 Dexterity saving throw or be blinded for 1 minute. A creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Variant: Summon Mephits (1/Day). The mephit has a 25 percent chance of summoning 1d4 mephits of its kind. A summoned mephit appears in an unoccupied space within 60 feet of its summoner, acts as an ally of its summoner, and can’t summon other mephits. It remains for 1 minute, until it or its summoner dies, or until its summoner dismisses it as an action.