Large aberration, chaotic evil
- Armor Class 16 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points 93 (11d10+33)
- Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft.
- Skills Perception +4
- Damage Immunities Poison
- Condition Immunities Poisoned
- Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., passive Perception 14
- Languages Understands Deep Speech But Can’t Speak
- Challenge 4 (1,100 XP)
- Amphibious. The chuul can breathe air and water.
- Sense Magic. The chuul senses magic within 120 feet of it at will. This trait otherwise works like the detect magic spell but isn’t itself magical.
- Multiattack. The chuul makes two pincer attacks. If the chuul is grappling a creature, the chuul can also use its tentacles once.
- Pincer. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 4) bludgeoning damage. The target is grappled (escape DC 14) if it is a Large or smaller creature and the chuul doesn’t have two other creatures grappled
- Tentacles. One creature grappled by the chuul must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.