Large monstrosity, unaligned
- Armor Class 17 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points 94 (9d10+45)
- Speed 40 ft., burrow 40 ft.
- Skills Perception +6
- Senses Darkvision 60 Ft., Tremorsense 60 Ft., passive Perception 16
- Challenge 5 (1,800 XP)
- Standing Leap. The bulette’s long jump is up to 30 ft. and its high jump is up to 15 ft., with or without a running start.
- Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +7 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (4d12 + 4) piercing damage.
- Deadly Leap. If the bulette jumps at least 15 ft. as part of its movement, it can then use this action to land on its feet in a space that contains one or more other creatures. Each of those creatures must succeed on a DC 16 Strength or Dexterity saving throw (target’s choice) or be knocked prone and take 14 (3d6 + 4) bludgeoning damage plus 14 (3d6 + 4) slashing damage. On a successful save, the creature takes only half the damage, isn’t knocked prone, and is pushed 5 ft. out of the bulette’s space into an unoccupied space of the creature’s choice. If no unoccupied space is within range, the creature instead falls prone in the bulette’s space.