Huge fiend (demon), chaotic evil
- Armor Class 19 (Natural Armor)
- Hit Points 262 (21d12+126)
- Speed 40 ft., fly 80 ft.
- Saving Throws Str +14, Con +12, Wis +9, Cha +12
- Damage Resistance Cold, Lightning; Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing From Nonmagical Attacks
- Damage Immunities Fire, Poison
- Condition Immunities Poisoned
- Senses Truesight 120 Ft., passive Perception 13
- Languages Abyssal, Telepathy 120 Ft.
- Challenge 19 (22,000 XP)
- Death Throes. When the balor dies, it explodes, and each creature within 30 feet of it must make a DC 20 Dexterity saving throw, taking 70 (20d6) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. The explosion ignites flammable objects in that area that aren’t being worn or carried, and it destroys the balor’s weapons.
- Fire Aura. At the start of each of the balor’s turns, each creature within 5 feet of it takes 10 (3d6) fire damage, and flammable objects in the aura that aren’t being worn or carried ignite. A creature that touches the balor or hits it with a melee attack while within 5 feet of it takes 10 (3d6) fire damage.
- Magic Resistance. The balor has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
- Magic Weapons. The balor’s weapon attacks are magical.
- Multiattack. The balor makes two attacks: one with its longsword and one with its whip.
- Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: (3d8 + 8) slashing damage plus (3d8)lightning damage. If the balor scores a critical hit, it rolls damage dice three times, instead of twice
- Whip. Melee Weapon Attack: +14 to hit, reach 30 ft., one target. Hit: (2d6 + 8) slashing damage plus (3d6)fire damage. The target must succeed on a dc 20 strength saving throw or be pulled up to 25 feet toward the balor
- Teleport. The balor magically teleports, along with any equipment it is wearing or carrying, up to 120 feet to an unoccupied space it can see.
- Variant: Summon Demon (1/Day). The demon chooses what to summon and attempts a magical summoning. A balor has a 50 percent chance of summoning 1d8 vrocks, 1d6 hezrous, 1d4 glabrezus, 1d3 nalfeshnees, 1d2 mariliths, or one goristro. A summoned demon appears in an unoccupied space within 60 feet of its summoner, acts as an ally of its summoner, and can’t summon other demons. It remains for 1 minute, until it or its summoner dies, or until its summoner dismisses it as an action.