Medium humanoid (any race), any non-good alignment
- Armor Class 15 (Studded Leather)
- Hit Points 78 (12d8+24)
- Speed 30 ft.
- Saving Throws Dex +6, Int +4
- Skills Acrobatics +6, Deception +3, Perception +3, Stealth +9
- Damage Resistance Poison
- Senses passive Perception 13
- Languages Thieves’ Cant Plus Any Two Languages
- Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)
- Assassinate. During its first turn, the assassin has advantage on attack rolls against any creature that hasn’t taken a turn. Any hit the assassin scores against a surprised creature is a critical hit.
- Evasion. If the assassin is subjected to an effect that allows it to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, the assassin instead takes no damage if it succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if it fails.
- Sneak Attack (1/Turn). The assassin deals an extra 13 (4d6) damage when it hits a target with a weapon attack and has advantage on the attack roll, or when the target is within 5 ft. of an ally of the assassin that isn’t incapacitated and the assassin doesn’t have disadvantage on the attack roll.
- Multiattack. The assassin makes two shortsword attacks.
- Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: (1d6 + 3) piercing damage plus (7d6)poison damage. The target must make a dc on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one
- Light Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: (1d8 + 3) piercing damage plus (7d6)poison damage. The target must make a dc on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one