Sequestered in high mountains atop tall trees, the aarakocra evoke fear and wonder. Many of these birdfolk hail from the boundless vistas of the Elemental Plane of Air. They are immigrants, refugees, scouts, and explorers, their outposts functioning as footholds in a world both strange and alien.
• Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2, and your Wisdom score increases by 1.
• Age. Aarakocra reach maturity by age 3. Compared to humans, aarakocra don’t usually live longer than 30 years.
• Alignment. Most aarakocra are good and rarely choose sides when it comes to law and chaos. Tribal leaders and warriors might be lawful, while explorers and adventurers might tend toward chaotic.
• Size. Aarakocra are about 5 feet tall. They have thin, lightweight bodies that weigh between 80 and 100 pounds. Your size is Medium.
• Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
• Flight. You have a flying speed of 50 feet. To use this speed, you can’t be wearing medium or heavy armor.
• Talons. You are proficient with your unarmed strikes, which deal 1d4 slashing damage on a hit.
• Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common, Aarakocra, and Auran.